198x for Mac added to Porting Kit!
I love nostalgia! And for those people 198x might be a very interesting game. It combines a story with 5 old school games stages. Although it’s quite short (about 2 hours gameplay to finish) it’s quite unique as well! I played the first stage (final fight kinda game), and followed the story a bit and I am quite impressed by the whole thing. It plays native Windows and I really recommend this one.
Basic Portingkit Install Instructions GOG games:
1. Download the 198x “offline backup setup” file(s) into your download folder.
2. Always read the “notes” of the game description first for additional steps
3. Go to the library server tab and select the game you want to install and click “Install”
4. Portingkit will create the wrapper and locate your setup file in your download folder
5. The installation of the game will start, run through the install wizard.
6. After installation, exit the installer (don’t run launch the game).
7. Porting kit will say it has finished successfully.
8. Go to your local library tab and select the game and click “play”!
9. Enjoy the game!
Alternatively there is also Parallels Desktop (a very easy to use Virtual Machine with Windows 11 (free trial of 14 days)) where the game will work fine as well. More info about that up here: https://www.paulthetall.com/parallels-desktop/
art 1 of arcade epic 198X. A coming-of-age story told through multiple games and genres. Experience the thrill of shooting, driving, jumping, fighting and role-playing in 5 full-blown arcade stages – combined with cinematic pixel-art storytelling.
Don’t you have Porting Kit yet? Download it quickly from the Porting Kit website here…
Love the work we do? Become a Patron… and get extra Tiers! Want to support Porting Kit? Buy also Crossover from Codeweavers! They are mass contributors of Wine development and are the core people making this possible.