Alien Breed 2 – Assault for Mac
Aaand here the last one of the Alien Breed trilogy (GOG.com version): Alien Breed 2 – Assault for Mac. This completes all chapters. All three Alien Breed games of the Trilogy are now added into Porting Kit.
Although the game works just fine on Intel based Macs, the game isn’t working properly yet on Apple Silicon (too slow). This is a Rosetta bug, which I hope Apple will fix very soon.
Basic Portingkit Install Instructions GOG games:
1. Download the Alien Breed 2 – Assault “offline backup setup” file(s) into your download folder.
2. Always read the “notes” of the game description first for additional steps
3. Go to the library server tab and select the game you want to install and click “Install”
4. Portingkit will create the wrapper and locate your setup file in your download folder
5. The installation of the game will start, run through the install wizard.
6. After installation, exit the installer (don’t run launch the game).
7. Porting kit will say it has finished successfully.
8. Go to your local library tab and select the game and click “play”!
9. Enjoy the game!
Alternatively there is also Parallels Desktop (a very easy to use Virtual Machine with Windows 11 (free trial of 14 days)) where the game will work fine as well. More info about that up here: https://www.paulthetall.com/parallels-desktop/
Can you survive the alien onslaught? Alien Breed™ 2: Assault is the second chapter in the Alien Breed™ series, and is an explosive science fiction arcade-shooter with an epic story, swarms of highly intelligent alien enemies, high-impact weaponry, highly detailed and rich environments, developed using Epic Games’ Unreal® Engine 3. Take control of the hero, Conrad, the ship’s Chief Engineer, and continue your fight for survival across the fatally damaged space vessel, against a ruthless assault by an alien horde. Your only hope relies on reigniting the alien space craft’s monstrous engines to rescue you from impending annihilation.
Don’t you have Porting Kit yet? Download it quickly from the Porting Kit website here…
Love the work we do? Become a Patron… and get extra Tiers! Want to support Porting Kit? Buy also Crossover from Codeweavers! They are mass contributors of Wine development and are the core people making this possible.