Anno 1602 gets an port update!
A quick heads up for the Anno 1602 port! The game is now officially working for High Resolution Apple Silicon MacBook Pro’s! Earlier the game would crash on those machine because of the non compatible game resolution, but I implemented a fix for that with this game :) So if you own the game on GOG.com, then quickly download it and install it in PK to enjoy it!
Don’t know how again or new to Porting Kit? Check the install instructions below
Basic Portingkit Install Instructions GOG games:
1. Download the GOG.com Anno 1602 offline backup setup file(s) into your download folder.
. Always read the notes of the game description first for additional steps!
3. Go to the library server tab and select the game you want to install and click: Install
4. Portingkit will create the wrapper and locate your setup file in your download folder
5. The installation of the game will start, run through the install wizard.
6. After installation, exit the installer (don’t run launch the game).
7. Porting kit will say it has finished successfully.
8. Go to your local library tab and select the game and click: play
9. Enjoy the game!
Don’t you have Porting Kit yet? Download it quickly from the Porting Kit website here…
Love the work we do? Become a Patron… and get extra Tiers! Want to support Porting Kit? Buy also Crossover from Codeweavers! They are mass contributors of Wine development and are the core people making this possible.
One thought on “Anno 1602 gets an port update!”
Thank you so much for this Paul! I usually play on the sofa with my laptop on my lap so this is just great news for the dark time of the year :-)
Just out of interest – will you also update Anno 1503? I’m guessing that it’s exactly the same issue there.