Atlantic Fleet was years ago (before Mac OS 10.15) native for Mac. This changed when Mac OS became 64bit only. Support for that game was then dropped from that time. Luckily with the latest Wine engines, we can run a lot of 32bit games back again. This also counts for Atlantic Fleet, although for Apple Silicon sounds a small “but”… Because for Apple Silicon Macs, there seems to be a small distortion in the sound effects. Certainly no show stopper, because the rest of the game simply runs perfectly. However it’s simply good to mention a bug when it’s there. For intel based Macs, we can say, it simply runs perfectly.
Atlantic Fleet is now 50% off in the GOG.com summer sale…
Basic Portingkit Install Instructions GOG games:
1. Download the Atlantic Fleet “offline backup setup” file(s) into your download folder.
2. Always read the “notes” of the game description first for additional steps!
3. Go to the library server tab and select the game you want to install and click “Install”
4. Portingkit will create the wrapper and locate your setup file in your download folder
5. The installation of the game will start, run through the install wizard.
6. After installation, exit the installer (don’t run launch the game).
7. Porting kit will say it has finished successfully.
8. Go to your local library tab and select the game and click “play”!
9. Enjoy the game!
Turn based tactical and strategic naval combat. Atlantic Fleet puts you in command of the Allies or Kriegsmarine (German Navy) in the longest military campaign of WWII, The Battle of the Atlantic.
Love the work we do? Become a Patron… or donate using the donate button on the sidebar! Want to support Porting Kit? Buy also Crossover from Codeweavers! They are mass contributors of Wine development and are the core people making this possible.
Don’t you have Porting Kit yet? Download it quickly from the Porting Kit website here…