Another golden oldie has been added to Porting Kit: Command HQ for Mac! Game works fine and tested on Catalina OS 10.15.x. If you like old classic strategy games or this game was one of your favorites in the old days, then you can now enjoy it on your Mac! You’ll allocate your resources and troops. Gather military intelligence. And assume fingertip control of an awesome military arsenal that includes land, sea and air forces. All while grappling with the harsh realities and risks of nuclear war!
Still For Catalina users (not long anymore): Make sure SIP is disabled and that the Porting Kit app is located in your Apps/Application folder. If you want SIP to be enabled, I strongly recommend Crossover for now for the time being.
Basic Portingkit Install Instructions GOG games:
1. Download Portingkit if you don’t have it already!
2. Download the Command HQ “offline backup setup” file(s) into your (root) download folder.
3. Go to the library server tab and select the game you want to install and click “Install”
4. Portingkit will create the wrapper and locate your setup file in your download folder
5. The installation of the game will start, run through the install wizard.
6. After installation, exit the installer (don’t run launch the game).
7. Porting kit will say it has finished successfully.
8. Go to your local library tab and select the game and click “play”!
9. Enjoy the game!
The initial release of Command H.Q. was met with great enthusiasm from strategy game fans. In fact, it was voted 1991’s Wargame of the Year by Computer Gaming World. In this fast-paced game of strategic global conquest from award-winning game designer Dan Bunten, you’ll control your own superpower as you attempt to outguess and overcome opposing superpowers in World Wars I, II, III IV, and V!
Go to the Porting Kit game page up here…