The long awaiting new CX22.0.1 engine arrived for Porting Kit! Although I haven’t been able to test many games yet, a few points are already clear. It hasn’t fixed the biggest M1 Apple Silicon issues yet, including slowness and graphical glitches in some known issue games with Apple Silicon. But it does fix some games and improves performance/experience of the game clients like Steam, Origin and Ubisoft Connect. Especially Ubisoft Connect is now working amazingly well with the new Engine, and as we speak I am testing the Ubisoft Connect games in the database and more. More news about that very soon.
Whats new in the CX22 Engine?
- Core Technology Improvements:
- CrossOver 22 includes Wine 7.7, with over 10,000 improvements, and selected patches from recent Wine with benefits to many popular applications.
- Complete redesign of CrossOver user interface.
- Update to Wine Mono 7.2.
- Update to vkd3d 1.4.
- Gaming performance improvements.
- Update to MoltenVK 1.1.10.
- Rocket League playable with wined3d.
Other games like, Elder Scrolls V – Skyrim SE, are working very well now in performance, but a lot of testing of games is still underway like Epic Games support. We keep you posted with new/updated games. Keep an eye on the paulthetall.com blog coming time.