On request! After we added Doom I recently to Porting Kit, Doom II enhanced to Porting Kit Doom II Enhanced to Porting as well. Developed by id Software, and originally released in 1994, DOOM II is a critically acclaimed, action first-person shooter and sequel to DOOM (1993). The enhanced version was released on PC, consoles, and mobile devices in 2019.
The game port equally runs as good as it’s predecessor on Apple Silicon Macs (which is great). Launching the game takes a second or 10 before you see the game menu, but runs for the rest, native Windows. Both games (Doom and Doom II Enhanced) are 60% off now in the GOG.com summer sale…, so get the game cheap now :)
Basic Portingkit Install Instructions GOG games:
1. Download the Doom Enhanced “offline backup setup” file(s) into your download folder.
2. Always read the “notes” of the game description first for additional steps!
3. Go to the library server tab and select the game you want to install and click “Install”
4. Portingkit will create the wrapper and locate your setup file in your download folder.
5. The installation of the game will start, run through the install wizard.
6. After installation, exit the installer (don’t run launch the game).
7. Porting kit will say it has finished successfully.
8. Go to your local library tab and select the game and click “play”!
9. Enjoy the game!
Love the work we do? Become a Patron… or donate using the donate button on the sidebar! Want to support Porting Kit? Buy also Crossover from Codeweavers! They are mass contributors of Wine development and are the core people making this possible.
Don’t you have Porting Kit yet? Download it quickly from the Porting Kit website here…