Drakensang – The Dark Eye for Mac
Another awesome classic has been added to Porting Kit Drakensang – The Dark Eye! It has been requested as well, and now recently it was released on GOG.com I could take a look and port it to Mac. I tested it on Big Sur on my Macbook pro with AMD radeon GFX card, and works great :) Enjoy this one!
We always recommend having besides Porting Kit also Crossover as alternative. Crossover is more advanced, supports DX11 and has phone support other features. Crossover makes Porting Kit possible and when purchasing Crossover using the links here you support us with out work with Porting Kit. Get it here…
Basic Portingkit Install Instructions GOG games:
1. Always read the “notes” of the game description first for additional steps!
2. Download the Drakensang – The Dark Eye “offline backup setup” file(s) into your (root) download folder.
3. Go to the library server tab and select the game you want to install and click “Install”
4. Portingkit will create the wrapper and locate your setup file in your download folder
5. The installation of the game will start, run through the install wizard.
6. After installation, exit the installer (don’t run launch the game).
7. Porting kit will say it has finished successfully.
8. Go to your local library tab and select the game and click “play”!
9. Enjoy the game!
Drakensang is a third-person party-based RPG based on the pen & paper role-play rules of The Dark Eye. Drakensang is the first PC game for over 10 years to be based on Germany’s most successful and popular role-play system. Drakensang builds on the pen & paper rules as applied in version 4.0. The developers have optimized the rulebook specially for the PC realization in order to make the game more accessible. But the essential qualities and the depth of the original rules have not been compromised.
Go to the Porting Kit game page up here…