Because GOG Galaxy is not working yet, the free Gwent card game was still out of reach. However we at least finally got the single player standalone game GWENT: Rogue Mage to work! We hope to add the free game as well hopefully soon as well in CX23, but no promises though, game clients like GOG Galaxy/Steam/Ubisoft Connect, are a pain in the ass…
Caution for this game though…it’s working quite addicting, so don’t play it if you are vulnerable for it :P I uninstalled it today :P
I tested this interesting game port on my Apple Silicon MacBook Pro, and it works Perfectly. Have fun!
Basic Portingkit Install Instructions GOG games:
1. Download the GWENT: Rogue Mage “offline backup setup” file(s) into your download folder.
2. Always read the “notes” of the game description first for additional steps!
3. Go to the library server tab and select the game you want to install and click “Install”
4. Portingkit will create the wrapper and locate your setup file in your download folder
5. The installation of the game will start, run through the install wizard.
6. After installation, exit the installer (don’t run launch the game).
7. Porting kit will say it has finished successfully.
8. Go to your local library tab and select the game and click “play”!
9. Enjoy the game!
GWENT: Rogue Mage is a first standalone single-player expansion to GWENT: The Witcher Card Game. It combines the best elements of roguelike, deckbuilding, and strategy games with the unique mechanics of GWENT card battles.
Love the work we do? Become a Patron… or donate using the donate button on the sidebar! Want to support Porting Kit? Buy also Crossover from Codeweavers! They are mass contributors of Wine development and are the core people making this possible.
Don’t you have Porting Kit yet? Download it quickly from the Porting Kit website here…