Jagged Alliance 2 and Jagged Alliance Wildfire for Mac (Catalina OS)
After a time of testing of existing ports and handling with issues with Porting Kit within Catalina 10.15.x OS. I can finally focus on some new game ports. So yesterday I added Jagged Alliance 2 and Jagged Alliance 2 – Wildfire to the Porting Kit which is Catalina Compatible. The old GOG.com version is not compatible anymore and was malfunctioning. That’s why I made these ports available again in Porting Kit. I tested both games for a bit and works brilliantly :)
Jagged Alliance 2 features: perfect blend of strategy, roleplaying and tactical combat; dozen of new weapons; 150+ individual in-game characters; realistic combat physics; and more than 10,000 lines of digitalized speech. The only thing missing is YOU.
For Catalina users: Make sure SIP is disabled and that the Porting Kit app is located in your Apps/Application folder. If you want SIP to be enabled, I strongly recommend Crossover for now for the time being
Basic Portingkit Install Instructions GOG games:
1. Make sure you have downloaded the Portingkit app or use Crossover.
2. Always read the “notes” of the game description first for additional steps!
3. Download the Jagged Alliance 2 or Jagged Alliance 2 – Wildfire “offline backup setup” file into your (root) download folder.
4. Go to the library server tab and select the game you want to install and click “Install”
5. Porting Kit will create the wrapper and locate your setup file in your download folder
6. The installation of the game will start, run through the install wizard.
7. After installation, exit the installer (don’t run launch the game).
8. Porting kit will say it has finished successfully.
9. Go to your local library tab and select the game and click “play”!
10. Enjoy the game!
Go to the Jagged Alliance 2 game pages for more info up here… and here…
Love the work we do? Become a Patron… and get extra Tiers!
One thought on “Jagged Alliance 2 and Jagged Alliance Wildfire for Mac (Catalina OS)”
I am trying to run a copy of Jagged Alliance 2 from GOG.com using Porting Kit on a Mac Mini with an M1 processor.
After following the instructions here I managed to install the game, but when I click Play the screen goes black momentarily, and then returns to Porting Kit without starting the game.
Here is what is showing in my LastWineRun.log file:
0009:err:winediag:wined3d_dll_init Setting multithreaded command stream to 0x1.
0009:fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION
0009:fixme:d3d:wined3d_guess_card_vendor Received unrecognized GL_VENDOR “Apple”. Returning HW_VENDOR_NVIDIA.
0009:err:display:macdrv_ChangeDisplaySettingsEx No matching mode found 640x480x32 @0!
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 00000000 at address 00450EF6 (thread 0009), starting debugger…
0009:err:seh:start_debugger Couldn’t start debugger L”false” (2)
Read the Wine Developers Guide on how to set up winedbg or another debugger
Any help is much appreciated!