Time for a new classic port: Magrunner Dark Pulse for Mac! Magrunner: Dark Pulse is an action-puzzle game in which technology confronts the Cthulhu Mythos, as imagined by author, H. P. Lovecraft.You are Dax, one of seven Magrunners selected among the elite to participate in MagTech Corporation’s space training program. But, what should be the chance of a lifetime quickly becomes a horrific nightmare.
About the Port:
I played this game for a bit on my Apple Silicon MacBook pro with Sonoma, and it simply works great! This port only works for Apple Silicon Macs with Mac OS 14 Sonoma or Higher for now (so not for Intel based Macs)!! We hope the game works soon for Intel based Macs as well using DXVK, but until then (requires some more development), its for Apple Silicon Macs only. I think although the performance in ultra is not awful, playing in Medium Settings is the best experience.
Porting Kit GOG Install Instructions:
– Make Sure you have Porting Kit installed on your Mac
– Make sure you logged in into GOG integration in Porting Kit (GOG account tab -> Login):
– If not: – Make sure you download the “Offline backup setup files” of the game from GOG into your download folder.
– Search the game in “all games” or “GOG Source” database.
– Click “Install” (Then next, next, you know the drill).
– Porting Kit will Install the GOG.com version of Magrunner Dark Pulse
– After install of the port, click exit to finish the installation process.
– Click play to start the game!
Love the work we do? Become a Patron… or donate using the donate button on the sidebar, or buy games using our links to GOG.com! Want to support Porting Kit? Buy also Crossover from Codeweavers! They are mass contributors of Wine development and are the core people making this possible.