Welcome to the Mass Effect 2 for Mac game page. This page contains information + tools how to port Mass Effect 2 so you can play it on your Mac just like a normal application. Check also one of the other over 1000 game ports on this website! Check the homepage to search and for the latest news!
Simple Install Steps:
1. Make sure Crossover is installed before downloading/running the CrossTie. Or use Porting Kit.
2. Get Mass Effect 2 (=steam serial) if you don’t own the game yet.
3. Use this CrossTie… to install the Steam game into Crossover
4. Windows Steam will be installed
5. Login into the Windows Steam
6. Activate the Serial and download and play! Thats it!
Two years after Commander Shepard repelled invading Reapers bent on the destruction of organic life, a mysterious new enemy has emerged. On the fringes of known space, something is silently abducting entire human colonies. Now Shepard must work with Cerberus, a ruthless organization devoted to human survival at any cost, to stop the most terrifying threat mankind has ever faced.
Mass Effect 2 has 2 versions. One: The not working Origin version (because of the malfunctional Origin in Wine) and the Working Steam version for which this port is created. So make sure you have the good version when try to run it in Crossover and the Portingkit.
Additional Port Information:
Graphical Cards Tested: AMD Radeon 6770M, Intel Iris Pro.
Whats tested: Playing a few hours
Does Multiplayer work?: Not tested
Known issues: None that I know of…
OSX 10.7.5 and 10.8.2+ compatible?: Yes
Whats not tested: playing from start to end.