Welcome to the “Need for Speed Hot Pursuit” for Mac game page. This page contains information + tools how to port this game so you can play it on your Mac just like a normal application. Check out the homepage for news and to search more game ports (over a 1000 awesome game ports!)
Simple Install Instructions:
– Download Porting Kit (if you don’t have it already).
– Get the Need for Speed – Hot Pursuit serial (if you don’t have it already)
– On the Porting Kit library –> server tab search for Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
– Click “Install” and let Porting Kit install the Windows Origin.
– After successful installation login into Origin and add the serial
– Go to your preferences of Origin and turn off “ingame Origin” and “Automatically update the game” (select-box). If you don’t do that, the game will freeze at launch. So make sure this is turned off , also when playing any other game in Origin. Then click play to start (will ask to update, don’t do that).
– Download the game (Origin will crash at the end of installation)
– Login into origin again and launch the game! Yep thats it!
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit players will experience the thrill of the chase and the rush of the escape as they play through full careers as both a cop and a racer – solo or connected. The blistering speeds, brutal busts and heart-stopping getaways are all connected via Need for Speed Autolog. This network not only connects friends for epic head-to head pursuits and races, but also enables players to compare performances and stats, thereby setting the stage for the ultimate in friendly competition.
Additional Port Information:
Graphical Cards Tested: AMD Radeon 6770M 512mb graphics card
OSX 10.7.5 and 10.8.2+ compatible?: yes
Whats tested: Playing a level, Gamersgate version of the game.
Does Multiplayer work?: Not tested
Known Issues: None that i know of
Whats not tested: Intel graphical cards