Tomb Raider 3 finally playable on Mac OS Catalina and up!!
Thanks to a tip of a community member (Thanks Péter!), I managed to get Tomb Raider 3 (part of the Tomb Raider 1+2+3 pack on GOG.com) running on my Apple Silicon Macbook Pro using a Tomb Raider community patch! I updated the port with the patch and now the game runs in all it’s glory! And this is not everything, Péter mentioned a few other patches as well for some other Tomb Raider games, which I will also apply in order to improve graphics and playability, but more about that in the near future.
So I am happy to announce Tomb Raider 3 is back in the Porting Kit database also for the latest systems! Enjoy the game! Oh, and if you know for other games patches/mods which might fix specific games in Porting Kit for Apple Silicon for example, then please let me know by mail so I can take a look.
Basic Portingkit Install Instructions GOG games:
1. Download the Tomb Raider 3 “offline backup setup” file(s) into your download folder.
2. Always read the “notes” of the game description first for additional steps
3. Go to the library server tab and select the game you want to install and click “Install”
4. Portingkit will create the wrapper and locate your setup file in your download folder
5. The installation of the game will start, run through the install wizard.
6. After installation, exit the installer (don’t run launch the game).
7. Porting kit will say it has finished successfully.
8. Go to your local library tab and select the game and click “play”!
9. Enjoy the game!
Love the work we do? Become a Patron… and get extra Tiers! Want to support Porting Kit? Buy also Crossover from Codeweavers! They are mass contributors of Wine development and are the core people making this possible.
In the first game, Lara seeks a powerful artifact–the Scion–that seems to be the key to finding the mythical island of Atlantis. In the second game of the series our sexy archaeologist follows the trial of the mystical Dagger of Xian, which is a weapon used by the first Emperor of China, and it is said that by plunging the dagger into one’s heart, the bearer turns into a dragon. The third part features non-linear gameplay, meaning you can choose not only the way in which you complete a level, but also your next destination in the story.
Don’t you have Porting Kit yet? Download it quickly from the Porting Kit website here…
Alternatively there is also Parallels Desktop (a very easy to use Virtual Machine with Windows 11 (free trial of 14 days)) where the game will work fine as well. More info about that up here: https://www.paulthetall.com/parallels-desktop/