Great news! The golden oldie, never grows old Wolfenstein Enemy Territory for Mac has been added to Porting Kit! The game works great and multiplayer is working fine of course as well. Played multiple multi-player games and quite some fun and not so fun (shot all the time) because I am not that good in the game :P.
Yes, it both works on Intel based Macs as on my M1 Apple Silicon Macbook Air. If you have an M2 or a M1 Macbook pro, then the starting Resolution of 800×600 might be an issue, in that case make sure you change the ini file in “etmain\profiles\etconfig.cfg” in the game folder (you can go there using “more” –> advanced tools –> “open c drive”) and change the resolution to a higher one supported by your Mac.
Basic Portingkit Install Instructions GOG games:
1. Download the Wolfenstein Enemy Territory “offline backup setup” file(s) into your download folder.
2. Always read the “notes” of the game description first for additional steps!
3. Go to the library server tab and select the game you want to install and click “Install”
4. Portingkit will create the wrapper and locate your setup file in your download folder
5. The installation of the game will start, run through the install wizard.
6. After installation, exit the installer (don’t run launch the game).
7. Porting kit will say it has finished successfully.
8. Go to your local library tab and select the game and click “play”!
9. Enjoy the game!
Wolfenstein®: Enemy Territory is a free-to-play, objective-based multiplayer World War 2 first-person shooter. Featuring up to 32 players, choose either the Axis or Allies, as you fight across six maps based on real-world battle locations. Play as one of five unique classes (Engineer, Medic, Soldier, Field Ops, and Covert Ops) as you work with your team to complete key objectives necessary for victory.
Don’t you have Porting Kit yet? Download it quickly from the Porting Kit website here…
Love the work we do? Become a Patron… and get extra Tiers! Want to support Porting Kit? Buy also Crossover from Codeweavers! They are mass contributors of Wine development and are the core people making this possible.