Hexplore for Mac
I have ported this weekend 3 more games which are also of course tested in Catalina OS 10.15.x, lets start with Hexplore for Mac! Although the GOG.com game was also available for Linux, it was not for Mac. So with this game added into Porting Kit the game is now also playable for Mac! The game works just fine when I tested it on Catalina, so that’s good news for Mac OS Catalina users. Enjoy!
Immerse yourself in a medieval world. A world where Garkham, Grand Master of the Black Magicians, has sworn to take possession of the Book of Hexplore. From this moment, the whole world is in great peril. For this manuscript will most certainly lead those who find it to the Garden of Eden, resting place of the Divine Power.
For Catalina users: Make sure SIP is disabled and that the Porting Kit app is located in your Apps/Application folder. If you want SIP to be enabled, I strongly recommend Crossover for now for the time being
Basic Portingkit Install Instructions GOG games:
1. Make sure you have downloaded the Portingkit app or use Crossover.
2. Always read the “notes” of the game description first for additional steps!
3. Download the Hexplore “offline backup setup” file into your (root) download folder.
4. Go to the library server tab and select the game you want to install and click “Install”
5. Porting Kit will create the wrapper and locate your setup file in your download folder
6. The installation of the game will start, run through the install wizard.
7. After installation, exit the installer (don’t run launch the game).
8. Porting kit will say it has finished successfully.
9. Go to your local library tab and select the game and click “play”!
10. Enjoy the game!
Go to the Hexplore game page for more info up here…
Love the work we do? Become a Patron… and get extra Tiers!